How about a fun coffee drink recipe? I know the weather is getting colder and you were maybe expecting a warm drink. But I really love iced coffee drinks all year round. I have been known to get an iced coffee even during a bilizzard! How about a healthy iced cinnamon latte?
When I was experimenting with this recipe and I tried putting cinnamon vitality essential oil in it for the cinnamon flavor. Guess what? It was horrible! I had to throw out. So round two was successful and that’s the recipe I will share with you below.
Without getting into too much information about coffee, I like coffee. Here are my couple of thoughts to see if coffee is good for you to drink:
- It MUST be organic! Coffee is one of the most highly sprayed crops and have the highest level of pesticides. If the crop is sprayed, you are drinking those pesticides! Always choose organic coffee.
- If you crash after drinking coffee or feel extremely wired, then you may be in the 10% that coffee (caffeine) isn’t good for you and you probably do better with an herbal tea
- Coffee is a great source of antioxidants if it is organic and processed right
- If you mix coffee with coconut oil or organic butter (bulletproof coffee), and is a good source of healthy fats along with being thermogenic (fat burning)
- It tastes good (is there a better reason than that?)
- I recommend no more than 3 cups of coffee per day, one is ideal in my opinion
2 shots of espresso or 1 cup of hot coffee
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
plain stevia to taste
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
ice cubes to ice the coffee
- In a glass cup add the coffee, almond milk, stevia, cinnamon and vanilla and stir to combine
- Add the ice, stir again and enjoy your amazing coffee!!
These ingredient amounts are a guestimate. If you like more coffee, add more coffee. More vanilla, add more vanilla. Make this recipe your own!!