Apple Crisp. It automatically evokes the feeling of fall.
One thing I love about this recipe is that it is nut free. A lot of grain-free apple crisp recipes are full of nuts and seeds. And while I love them they are definitely heavier on the tummy to digest and not suitable for people who can’t have nuts.
Enjoy my unique (and delicious) take of Apple Crisp!
1/4 cup xylitol (Can sub in Raw Honey)
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoon cinnamon
6 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees and take out an 8×8 inch (or 9×9 inch) baking pan
- Combine 2 Tbs xylitol, water and cinnamon in the bottom of the baking pan. Place sliced apples over the top
- In a small bowl blend the remaining 2 Tbs xylitol, coconut flour, salt and butter until crumbly. Spread over the apples evenly
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the apples are tender and the crust is a golden brown
- Serve with raw cream, whipped cream or all on its own
Join Dr. Meghan's Insiders
Like what you're reading and don't want to miss out on anything? I'm going to send you tips and trick right to your inbox to kickstart your health in a simplified way!