Apple Crisp. It automatically evokes the feeling of fall.
One thing I love about this recipe is that it is nut free. A lot of grain-free apple crisp recipes are full of nuts and seeds. And while I love them they are definitely heavier on the tummy to digest and not suitable for people who can’t have nuts.
Enjoy my unique (and delicious) take of Apple Crisp!
1/4 cup xylitol (Can sub in Raw Honey)
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoon cinnamon
6 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees and take out an 8×8 inch (or 9×9 inch) baking pan
- Combine 2 Tbs xylitol, water and cinnamon in the bottom of the baking pan. Place sliced apples over the top
- In a small bowl blend the remaining 2 Tbs xylitol, coconut flour, salt and butter until crumbly. Spread over the apples evenly
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the apples are tender and the crust is a golden brown
- Serve with raw cream, whipped cream or all on its own
Join Dr. Meghan's Newsletter
Like what you're reading and don't want to miss out on anything? I get it! I'm going to send you tips and trick right to your inbox to kickstart your health!