Today’s episode of the podcast features my friend Kate Doubler. Kate and I are “real life friends” or that’s what I call us. It means that even though we both sit behind a computer and work online we actually know each other in real life. We met online and realized we not only both lived in Minnesota but about 20 minutes away from each other. We’ve got to spend time together a few times and we talk for hours and could talk for many more hours. The first time we met I was nervous because I was meeting this new person who I’d never even spoken to on the phone and I’m showing up at her front door. We hit it off and started talking about health, blogging, nutrition and everything in between and I looked at my phone and it was 3 hours later. We had to do our best to keep this interview a respectable length.
Kate is a health rockstar! She knows her stuff, she’s always researching, she’s always learning and really finds JOY in learning more, trying new things, and taking care of the health of her family. The hard work means something to her; a healthy life. I think we can all learn a lot from Kate’s attitude about health.
You Will Learn:
- This was my first interview I ever recorded even though it’s being released as episode 5
- Where to start when you’re starting to eat healthier
- How a well stocked whole food kitchen is important to your healthy food success
- How to save money by making things yourself
- What natural products to make at home vs what to buy (the resources to buy
- What Kate’s working on in her health
- My favorite point: That your genetics aren’t a life sentence! You have control over your health
Kate Doubler is the author behind the blog Real Food RN. A busy working mom of three young children, she manages to balance working as a Nurse in the Emergency Department, counseling clients in her nutrition business and finding time to write about real food and essential oils. She loves experimenting in her kitchen and coming up with all sorts of new and creative real food recipes with the hopes of bettering the health of her family and anyone who follows her blog. She wholeheartedly believes that prevention is the best medicine.
Join Dr. Meghan's Insiders
Like what you're reading and don't want to miss out on anything? I'm going to send you tips and trick right to your inbox to kickstart your health in a simplified way!