I am sharing with you one of my recipes from my ebook; Healthy Thanksgiving 101: A Grain Free Meal Plan. Out of all of the recipes to release, I am choosing my grain-free rolls. Rolls aren’t one of my most classic Thanksgiving recipes in the book, but this recipe is one of my favorites. Do you know why… I love bread. But because I haven’t had grains in so long I don’t have regular bread. But grain free bread, yep, I eat that! And this recipe is beyond amazing. And people would miss having rolls on the table at Thanksgiving. I have made this recipe in muffin tins and in a loaf pan. When the bread came out of the oven my husband and I ate slices of the bread completely smothered in butter. And it was absolutely amazing and totally and completely hit the spot.
Is your mouth watering yet? It should be!
Also, because of my love of this bread recipe, that is why I had to share this exclusive sneak-peek recipe with you. Plus, I use this bread as the breadcrumbs for my grain-free stuffing in the book. So you can also have stuffing on Thanksgiving. See how amazing a little creativity is in making an old recipe healthy?
If you want to purchase my Healthy Thanksgiving 101 ebook CLICK HERE to learn more.
5 eggs (separated)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon powder
2 1/2 cups almond flour
1 cup sunflower seed flour, sunflower seeds ground in a coffee grinder and measured after grinding
2 teaspoons grass-fed gelatin
Makes 9 rolls or 1 loaf of bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin or loaf pan with coconut oil or butter
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Egg whites going in a small bowl and egg yolks in a medium bowl.
- Beat the egg whites with a hand mixer into peaks and set aside. It will take 60-90 seconds
- Add apple cider vinegar and coconut oil into the egg yolks and mix until combined
- Add the salt and baking powder, almond flour, sunflower seed flour and the gelatin and mix until combined
- Add the egg whites into the batter and mix by hand until they start to combine with the batter. Then with the electric hand mixer on low gently mix until the egg whites are combined into the dough.
- Scoop into the muffin tins or all of the dough into a loaf pan
- Bake the rolls for 17-20 minutes and the bread loaf for 50-55 minutes or until the top is golden brown
Here is a picture of the recipe made in a loaf pan
Join Dr. Meghan's Just Enjoy Health Newsletter
Like what you're reading and don't want to miss out on anything? I get it! I never want to miss out, and by subscribing, you don't have to. I'm going to send you tips and trick right to your inbox to kickstart your health!