When we clean our homes we want them to be shiny, sparkly and, well, clean. We want the germs killed and messes cleaned up. We trust that the products that we use are doing their jobs, right? They are cleaning and disinfecting and making our homes better. But what if they aren’t? What if what you’re cleaning your home with may be harming your family or creating a more toxic home? It’s true, most of the cleaning products we have on our homes are unhealthy and can actually be hurting you more than helping.
There are many different natural cleaning products that can clean your home. My opinion after having a non-toxic home for over 10 years now is that the natural products work better than the chemicals. I know my house gets cleaner, not only healthier, when I use my non-toxic natural products. There are a lot of different ways to clean your home naturally and lots of products that you can purchase or make yourself. I’m so thankful that there are all of these options. You can make everything, buy everything or use a mixture of both. Personally I do a mixture of both, some things I buy and some I make and it works for us.
I want to share with you one of my favorite ways to clean my house. It is with Norwex cleaning cloths.
I am NOT a distributor with Norwex, I had the opportunity to meet with a distributor, use some products and share them with you only because I love them so much and feel they could be a great solution to natural cleaning in your homes too.
I love Norwex because you are able to get so much of your house squeaky clean with the use of very little products. After your initial investment of purchasing the products you want, you have a cleaning tool that you can use over and over.
Norwex is a company full of natural cleaning and home products. They are most well known for their microfiber cloths. They contain antic micro silver which inhibits bacterial odor, mold or mildew growth within the product. That means when you clean your surface you pick up all of the unwanted things (like the dust and bacteria) and it actually cleans the cloth so as you keep using it you will continue to clean your house, not just moving things around. It’s clean, naturally.
I also love the versatility that my Norwex products allow me.
- My favorite product that I use all the time is my Enviro cloth and Window cloth (WIN THESE BELOW). The window cloth is the best thing to use to dry after using the Enviro cloth and it will give you the most amazing streak-less clean
- I have a bathroom cleaning mitt (Pink checked one pictured above) so I can get a little more elbow grease when cleaning the bathrooms
- The blue hand mitt is for dusting and works great to dust quickly. I know I’m not the only one who cleans in small bursts of time. We also have a huge iron banister in our home and this dusting mitt works great and also protects my hand from being scratched by the banister
- We have the mop with the dry and wet heads and it does an amazing job cleaning the entire first level of our home, which is all wood floors. It saves me time and I know my floor is clean
- The Enviro wand (lime green) is a perfect for dusting hard to reach places. I use it for my wood blinds and the corners of our rooms and high woodwork. It’s handheld and can be attached to the mop to extend even further. It allows me to clean the top windows in our second story vault in our home
- The cleansing paste is amazing for cleaning dirt out of grout. It restores your grout to look new
- Pictured above also are stainless steel straws (great to use instead of plastic)
Want to learn more?
I had the wonderful opportunity to sit down with Diane, an independent distributor with Norwex. She is sponsoring a giveaway of the Enviro cloth and Window cloth for my website launch week. And if you want to learn more about Norwex, feel free to contact Diane at Dganje630 (at) gmail (dot) com. She’s here to answer your questions about Norwex products or if you want to place an order for any products.
Join Dr. Meghan's Newsletter
Like what you're reading and don't want to miss out on anything? I get it! I'm going to send you tips and trick right to your inbox to kickstart your health!