This pie crust is pretty amazing! And I can say that because I didn’t come up with it. This is my mother-in-laws recipe. She’s a great baker and when we went grain free she wanted to experiment with making her (famous) pies grain free. And if I say so myself, it was very successful.
This pie crust doesn’t fall apart. It stays together when you cut the pieces. And that’s one of the downfalls with grain free desserts. But this crust doesn’t have any of those downfalls. It’s amazing!
1 ¼ cup almond flour
3 teaspoon coconut flour
¼ teaspooon salt
1/3 cup softened butter or coconut oil
1-2 Tablespoons of cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour and salt
- Add in butter until well combined
- Add in water and mix with fork until a ball is well formed
- Roll dough between wax or parchment paper until you form a circle
- Press into pie plate
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
Join Dr. Meghan's Insiders
Don't miss out on anything! Join my healthy living newsletter for encouragement right to your inbox to kickstart your health in a simplified way!