Hello, I’m Dr. Meghan and I’m so glad that you stopped by. My purpose with my website is to empower, encourage and educate women to reach their full purpose and potential through focusing on taking care of our health, the importance of self care and loving the body that God gave us. I want to inspire that by providing nourishing and delicious recipes along with relevant resources to support a healthier lifestyle. My focus in my health coaching is on women’s digestive health, nutrition and a healthy approach to weight loss.
Join me and let’s learn together.
Whether you have just started your journey of changing your health habits or if you have been doing this for a while: Welcome!
I’m Dr. Meghan. I’m a chiropractor, health coach, educator and total foodie. My love of all things natural started many years before getting my degree. It started with food and a desire to fuel my body with healthier foods. It got spurred into a deeper knowledge through my education and through my own health story of getting my body well through natural means.
I work hard to make information about health inspiring and do-able and make the everyday recipe healthier. There is something here for everyone. The recipes I post are a mixture of gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free, Paleo and ancient grain recipes. My health information and resources are things that encourage and help me and are not meant to leave you overwhelmed.
Early on in my journey I started learning new things about how important nutrition is to our health and how foods can be used as a healing tool to the body. With that knowledge, my pantry started changing. One of the problems was that my taste buds were a step behind. I missed a lot of my old comfort foods and was having a hard time sticking to my new way of eating. I was feeling nourished and empowered with my new way of eating but also deprived at the same time. I would spend hours and hours looking through cook books and online for recipes to learn different kitchen techniques and ways to prepare foods.
I wanted to know how I could make that decadent chocolate cupcake healthier. And I did. I quickly learned about how to make substitutions in my recipes and always wanted to share my creations with other people. From my heart birthed the blog Just Enjoy Food in July of 2011. Instead of eating something that promotes inflammation, fatigue, fat storage, and insulin resistance I wanted to create something that built the body stronger and could fight inflammation. The name Just Enjoy Food came from a personal struggle I used to have with food. I used to wrestle with “good” foods and “bad” foods and feeling extremely guilty about my food choices. With my recipes I want to encourage you and show you that healthy food can also be fun, satisfying and taste great too.
In the spring of 2015 I realized that Just Enjoy Food had a new purpose and a new vision. Oh, it’s still the delicious and healthy recipes you have come to know and love. But it’s more. It’s my heart for women becoming passionate about their health and the health of their family. That’s why I changed the name to meghanbirt.com
It is for women to come and find a place for safe, reliable and do-able health information. This is my heart and my desire is for you to know your health is important and give you resources that I use and believe in with all of my heart and can be used to make that belief a reality in your life. You have my promise that I won’t recommend or promote something that I haven’t used, done or listened to in my own life. I’m not going to promote something because it’s popular. I won’t promote something that’s a quick fix and doesn’t work anyways. I won’t share things that don’t resonate with my core. And my core is to encourage, empower and educate women to their healthiest life possible. Because being healthy matters. Your health makes you a better woman, wife and/or mother, sister, employee/employer, friend. You are able to achieve your purpose God has called you too more efficiently when you are more healthy. Let’s be on this journey together. Right here, right now.
I want you to love nourishing your body with healthy foods. I want you to be empowered by knowing about what builds health. I want you to ENJOY life, ENJOY health and ENJOY food. This is a journey for us all, but it is can be a fun one. Are you ready to get healthier and Just Enjoy Food? I am and want to take you with me!
Subscribe to My Email Newsletter and Receive a Copy of My Mini-Healthy Dessert ebook FREE
Some fun things you may not know about me:
- I’ve been married to my best friend Phil for 4 years.
- We have a crazy poodle Greta and she also eats grain free. Her favorite foods are sweet peppers, cashews and coconut oil
- I love food and love to cook but guess what? There are a lot of times I don’t want to cook or be in the kitchen
- Our meals on a regular basis aren’t fancy, often times it’s things from the fridge that we sauté together and top with a little raw cheese
- The photos I take of food are staged, my real plate doesn’t look like that. But the pictures make the blog look good and you can see the details of a recipe. Don’t fret if your food doesn’t look like the picture. It will taste like the picture though, and that’s what matters
- One of my favorite meals is grass-fed beef hot dogs (cut into small pieces) with mustard and sauerkraut. With a side of green beans doused in butter and topped with salt and pepper and a sweet potato or sweet potato fries. It doesn’t take a chef to make that but it feeds my body and soul and I don’t know why
- My diet isn’t perfect (read more here) but I work hard to fuel my body well
- Sometimes I have dessert for breakfast. It’s always one of my grain free goodies and it has almond flour, coconut flour and eggs. I say that makes a great breakfast and it’s ok to indulge once in a while
Find Me on Social Media
Facebook is a place where I share a lot of links, recipes and upcoming events. I love using Instagram for encouragement. I share pictures of my meals, snippets of my life, health bits and lots of things in between.