Recently I received this question from a reader: “How do I eat grain-free in the real world?” Honestly this is such a common struggle, and one that I myself used to have as well!
Years later, I don’t remember as clearly what it was like to navigate my way through the world of grain-free living, but in this episode I walk through what that journey looked like and how you can navigate that journey for yourself.
The reality is that, in a world where there is grain, sugar, and more grain around every. single. corner. it can feel downright impossible to eat a healthy, grain-free diet.
In this episode I hope you’ll find both encouragement and resources to help make it possible for you! I’ll be sharing my top 8 tips for eating healthy in the real world, as well as:
- How to choose healthy foods in a world of temptations
- How to plan snacks and pack foods for when you’re going out
- How to find friends who “get” the way you’re eating
- What to bring to a social gathering or potluck that allows you to eat (and doesn’t draw attention to you eating differently!)
- The difference between eating healthy for maintenance and for healing (and my stories of both)
- Your body’s “treat-ability” (and what in the world that is!)
- How you can have confidence in “doing your thing” when it comes to healthy eating
Also be sure to check out 4 of my favorite “real life approved” recipes that everyone will love (whether they are healthy eaters or not!)
Thank you for listening to the Just Enjoy Health Podcast. I hope you are learning a lot and filling your toolbox full of healthy tools. You can help other women find the podcast and never miss an episode by subscribing to the podcast on iTunes and leaving a review or rating the podcast.
You can also keep up to date on all the latest podcast episodes, blog posts, tips, and exclusive info by subscribing to my mailing list.
PS: Don’t forget to come join us in the Just Enjoy Health Facebook Community!
Join Dr. Meghan's Insiders
Like what you're reading and don't want to miss out on anything? I'm going to send you tips and trick right to your inbox to kickstart your health in a simplified way!