A healthy twist on a classic sandwich.
When I think of lunch, I think of Tuna Melts. There’s just something about a tuna salad sandwich with cheese on top I just love. I don’t eat tuna very much because it is a big fish and can become toxic in our oceans. I only have tuna about 1-2 times a month. I vary this recipe by using healthy ingredients and putting it open-faecd on rice cakes.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans of chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil vegenaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg’s)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 organic rice cakes
- 4 slices of organic, raw cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven broiler
- In a bowl, mix the tuna, vegenaise, mustard, onion, pickles and vinegar. Once mixed, add the salt and pepper.
- On a baking sheet, place the 4 rice cakes and spread with tuna salad. Place 1 cheese slice over the tuna salad on the rice cakes.
- Put the tuna sandwiches into the preheated oven and broil 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Join Dr. Meghan's Newsletter
Like what you're reading and don't want to miss out on anything? I get it! I'm going to send you tips and trick right to your inbox to kickstart your health!