A healthy twist on a classic sandwich.
When I think of lunch, I think of Tuna Melts. There’s just something about a tuna salad sandwich with cheese on top I just love. I don’t eat tuna very much because it is a big fish and can become toxic in our oceans. I only have tuna about 1-2 times a month. I vary this recipe by using healthy ingredients and putting it open-faecd on rice cakes.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans of chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil vegenaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickles
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg’s)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 organic rice cakes
- 4 slices of organic, raw cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven broiler
- In a bowl, mix the tuna, vegenaise, mustard, onion, pickles and vinegar. Once mixed, add the salt and pepper.
- On a baking sheet, place the 4 rice cakes and spread with tuna salad. Place 1 cheese slice over the tuna salad on the rice cakes.
- Put the tuna sandwiches into the preheated oven and broil 3-5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Join Dr. Meghan's Insiders
Like what you're reading and don't want to miss out on anything? I'm going to send you tips and trick right to your inbox to kickstart your health in a simplified way!